Welcome To Government College of Education
MOTTO: Perseverance Leads To Prosperity
Government of Tamilnadu issued an order number 117 dated 23.06.1955 to start Teacher Training College during the academic year 1955-56 at Pudukkottai. This College was functioning from 01.08.1955 in one of the buildings of Sri Prahathambal Government High School, Pudukkottai under the headship of Thiru. S. Palanisamy, M.A., L.T. the first Principal of this institution. This College has been functioning in its own building, which was built at a cost of 4.5 Lakhs and was functioning since 07.10.1964.
The facility was provided to study Tamil, English, General Science, Social Science and Mathematics at the earlier stage. But the change of Educational Policy of the Government Tamil, English, History, Mathematics, Physical Sciences and Biological Sciences are being taught to the students in the college affiliated to the University.
- To produce skilled, dedicated, sincere and service minded teachers at Secondary and higher secondary level.
- To identify the problems of regional and national education and to find out the solution via research. Interaction, extension service and other educational methods and techniques.
- Making the trainees academically competent teachers empowered with knowledge and teaching skills.
- Transforming them into the model citizens with civic qualities, patriotism, secular values and etc.
- Making the trainees as responsible teachers inside as well, as outside the class rooms.
- Providing the opportunities for school and college teachers to take up research programmes, to experiment new and innovative methods of teaching and learning.
- Providing sustainable qualitative value bared teacher education to meet the needs of current challenging social and educational system.
- Contribution to national development.
- Fortuning the cultural, moral, social and ethical values
- Promoting the use of technology.
- Quest for excellence
[rev_slider_vc alias=”slider2″ title=”Event Photos”]